Thursday, January 5, 2012

a new year and a new you...

as the ads says, well i say "bull"...


I was able spend the last part of the year off of my chemo drugs, and was able to heal up a bit, i do not look like the "jolly green giant" with a rash now, well not a bad rash anyways, my stomach settled down and i was starting to get some energy, well that all ended about 6 days ago.

I restarted on the chemo and i feel, whats the word i am looking for? bad (so i dont hurt anyones eyes with cuss words this new years) i did not think 6 days would do me in but in talking with the onocologist they said yes it is possible due to i did not get rid of all the other toxins out of my system yet.

so i get to suck it up and in about 2 - 3 weeks i will be better, i will still feel bad, but i will be more tolerante to it.

but aside from that i am doing OK, well as much as i am not doing anything, i spend most of the night up reading and sleep during the morning hours, my body has always liked that time schedule, i think that is why i liked working nights.

I have a MRI scheduled for next week, they are going to check to see if the cancer is in my head, they did not like that i have been having issues with my memory, it could be the chemo, it could be the painkillers, it could be cancer, they just want to rule out the last one, i don't blame them, since the neck resection the cancer does not have the lymph glands to get out to my body, so it has to go somewhere?

what the hell, as my doctor said, i will get a nap, it seems i am the only person they know that can sleep in a MRI machine, hell i could sleep on the floor of a busy gas station, so why not in a MRI machine?.

No comments: